H2 Green Steel is on a mission to disrupt the global steel industry by producing green steel, with the end goal of bringing down CO2 emissions to zero. By using green hydrogen and fossil-free electricity instead of coal; water and heat will be our primary emissions. By 2030, our ambition is to produce 5 million tonnes of green steel annually in our fully integrated, digitalized, and sustainable plant in Boden, located in northern Sweden - currently in construction phase. But this is just the beginning – our expertise in green hydrogen will enable us to decarbonize other industries in addition to steel, and we look forward to what’s next in store for us.
We are looking for talented, innovative, and purpose-driven people to join our rapidly growing and diverse team. Our employees get to learn everyday, implement the latest technology and test and put their ideas into practice. Together, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core – for our people, customers, investors, society, and planet.
Legal Construction Counsel
Our legal team is looking for a legal counsel to work with legal matters relating to construction and installation. The legal team at H2 Green Steel has an important role in safeguarding the company’s interests in key construction- and installation contracts. As our Legal Construction Counsel you will be responsible for this as well as ensuring that the company complies with industry guidelines and practices.
As H2 Green Steel´s first Legal Construction Counsel, you will get the opportunity to establish our ways of working with the construction contracts for one of the largest industrial projects in the history of Sweden. Your role will have an important influence when we are growing our industrial start-up to a large and global industrial group.
- Reviewing and negotiating construction- and installation contracts
- Assisting with RFP processes for tender or auction opportunities
- Assisting on different legal matters relating to construction (including on-site safety)
- Aligning project documents with financing arrangements
- Liaising with all internal business teams including construction, finance, technical, operations and management
- Ensuring compliance with internal compliance framework and corporate approvals policies
- Minimum 5 years of experience as legal counsel within construction and related areas.
- Experience from negotiating large construction- and installation contracts, preferably in an international context.
- Strong understanding of the Swedish AB-contract suite
- Excellent commercial understanding and strong negotiation skills.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Experience from fast-moving demanding environments is a plus.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to analyse complex information.
- Master of Laws or J.D. degree (Sw. juristexamen/jur.kand.)
What we can offer you
If you are passionate about making actual change and having a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will get the opportunity to shape your future career together with a company focusing on creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel a sense of belonging. In the end, we know that H2 Green Steel’s growth and success is dependent on our people and we can’t wait to shape the future of steelmaking and other industries together as a team.
Interested in joining H2 Green Steel, but find yourself not meeting every single requirement of this role?
Research shows that women and other under-represented groups within our industry hesitate to apply unless they tick most boxes of a role description. At H2 Green Steel, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core. We need a diverse, inclusive, and authentic team to rally behind our purpose of de-carbonizing hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
If you are equally passionate about our purpose, yet concerned that your experience does not align perfectly with the qualifications stated in the job advert, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate, either for this role – or for another upcoming role in our growing team.