Steel production accounts for 25% of Europe’s industrial CO2 emissions, which is more than the Nordics’ total CO2 emissions, or more than all flights departing from the EU. Decarbonisation is a must for the industry and disruptive technology will be a key enabler. With H2 Green Steel, we’re committed to accelerating change in the industry by eliminating virtually all CO2 emissions from the steel making process.
H2 Green Steel will be a fully integrated, digitalised and automated greenfield steel plant. By bringing together raw materials, renewable energy, leading expertise, and artificial intelligence, we aim to bring emissions down to zero. That’s why we are planning to build a large-scale production site for green steel in collaboration with customers across multiple segments including automotive, commercial vehicle, white goods, furniture, and industrial equipment.
Do you want to contribute to create tremendous environmental impact on the society? If so, you can be our next talented employee. H2 Green Steel is a fast-growing start-up with an exciting journey ahead. We employ talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, please, come join us in this exciting journey.
Strategic Supplier Relationship Manager
We are looking for a Strategic Supplier Relationship Manager for our hydrogen team, skilled in stakeholder management with specific experience from management consulting; and if not directly hydrogen experience then preferably working toward customers in any of the energy & utilities, oil & gas, pulp & paper industry sectors. You will be a part of our hydrogen team working to shape the future of green hydrogen.
You will have the main responsibility towards our electrolyzer suppliers (post procurement), managing the strategic contacts and supporting the suppliers throughout the project, in order to find the best way for H2 Green Steel to continue our journey toward fossil free steelmaking. You will coordinate internal and external project stakeholders, aligning project expectations, conduct follow-ups, provide status reports and provide clear visibility of status, progress, outstanding issues and challenges.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Own and onboard our electrolyzer suppliers as the main point of contact throughout the project.
• Form contract agreements in long term and large complex projects; implementing suitable performance measures, guarantee levels and delivery assurance.
• Answer queries in a timely and accurate manner.
• Manage contractual and commercial documentation and negotiations; to ensure delivery assurance.
• Conduct market research and evaluate new suppliers.
• Work closely with internal stakeholders, such as technology experts, legal and finance departments.
• Prepare and perform presentations to key stakeholders and leadership team.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, or related field.
• At least five years' experience from consulting or project management, preferably working toward the energy & utilities, oil & gas or pulp & paper industries.
• Experience negotiating contracts and leading complex projects with large budgets.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, strong collaborator and excellent stakeholder management skills.
• Willingness to travel to develop, promote, and maintain strategic sourcing relationships.
We expect that you have a proactive approach to project management and that you will work to ensure requirement fulfillment through setting our business-critical partners up for success.
What we offer:
We offer a unique opportunity to be part of a fun, professional team with high ambitions. Together we want to create great environmental impact and we offer you to be part of a very rewarding, challenging, and exciting journey. You will be given the freedom to shape your future career. You will be part of a company who values wellbeing and focuses on enabling talent growth.
We look forward to hearing from you and to understand how you can contribute to our success.