Our mission is to accelerate de-carbonization of hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
To do this, we need to break new ground. By combining leading expertise and new technology with clean energy, we are on a path to take global leadership within green hydrogen, enabling us to transform steelmaking and other sectors. Changing an industry is not a small task, but we know it’s possible, and necessary, for our customers, society, and our planet.
Things are moving fast, and we are accelerating. At the beginning of 2020, we announced our plans to make the steel industry fossil-free, and in 2022 we will start construction of our first plant. We want to build diverse, dynamic and driven teams. We look for ambitious individuals from all disciplines, sharing our vision of cutting CO2 emissions down to zero. As a team, we innovate, collaborate, and enjoy the ride.
Project Lead Electrical
We are hiring a Project Lead Electrical to our construction site in Boden. In this role, you will lead a team of engineers to plan, design, calculate and coordinate detailed phases of the engineering work related to the large scope of power distribution systems for the overall Boden site. You will also provide valuable support and specialist input to the Project Managers throughout the project design and delivery cycle.
The H2GS Project consists of:
760 MW H2 production facility consisting of several types of hydrogen production technologies
2.1MM MT DRI Production Facility
2.5MM MT Steelmaking and CSP Facility
Various Cold Finishing Facilities
Plant Power Distribution Grid
Plant Infrastructure and Water Systems
- Build and lead a strong engineering team to perform mechanical, electrical and civil work in the design, construction and operation of large industrial plant power distribution system activities.
- Carry the design into the field and manage the erection.
- Coordinate field work activities and manage contractors.
- Provide leadership and guidance on developing the engineering and design strategy and concepts.
- Manage engineering work to ensure compliance to codes, standards, regulations, equipment specifications, and process equipment operating targets.
- Review, recommend and evaluate the design, installation, and operations of electrical systems, instrumentation, and power controls systems/stations to ensure compliance with requirements, while evaluating them for the optimization of efficient, safe and economical operation.
- Develop or select engineering and design standards and procedures to ensure that quality requirements are met and consistent.
- Deliver engineering work on time, on budget, and with excellent quality.
- Extensive previous working experience in electrical engineering in major capital projects in the metals industry, with an emphasis on mini-mill facilities.
- Must be knowledgeable about industry best practices.
- Approx. 10 years of recent experience working with and leading electrical engineering activities in mini-mill steel plants.
- Strong experience in inspection, calculations, safety checks, and final operational verification related to steel facility electrical activities.
- Experience with successfully leading engineering and cross functional activities in a complex and fast-track major mini-mill capital project.
- Ability to recruit and lead a strong engineering team.
- Bachelors' degree or higher degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Strong management and interpersonal/communication skills.
- Very strong ability to cooperate, collaborate, and work effectively in a complex multi-team environment with sometimes competing views and overlapping responsibilities.
- Strong organizational leadership skills.
- Advanced ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with all internal and external entities.
What we can offer you:
If you are looking to make actual change and have a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers you a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will have the chance to shape your future career with a company that focuses on enabling talent growth as it is clear it is tied to our own growth and success as a company.