H2 Green Steel is here to realise the greatest single technological shift that the global steel industry has ever seen. Decarbonisation is a must for the industry and disruptive technology will be a key enabler. H2GS are committed to accelerating change in the industry by eliminating virtually all CO₂ emissions from the steel making process.
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Software Engineer to the DevSecOps team - a role known under a variety of names, but we know what we are looking for.
You are a passionate developer that has or seeks broad experience in operating and securing modern infrastructure as a part of our skilled DevSecOps team. Automation and continuous deployment is in our DNA. You will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society and be a part of an engineering team at the early stages of building and integrating a broad domain. And this together with a group of people who have built a string of successful startups and Scale ups before.
About the role
As a Software Engineer, you will be involved in the creation of an ambitious, young and purpose-driven Tech organization that strives to be at the forefront when it comes to cutting-edge tech stacks of making a factory smart and improving innovative solutions to automate the broad domain in DevSecOps environment. The initial focus is to automate the development processes in our microservice software factory that is required for us at H2GS to reach our Lights-out factory goals.
- You will be developing microservices operated as containers in a hybrid-cloud platform containing technologies like Java 17, Spring Boot 3, AWS ECS, On-prem Kubernetes.
- Among the software and infrastructure development automation process tools we use are GitLab CI/CD and Terraform/Terragrunt at the base.
To succeed in this role, you love to work in a purpose-driven and ambitious company, are curious, solve problems with code and get excited about tackling challenges! You are a team player and outcome oriented problem solver - with a workway of deploy and move on.
Tech knowledge we appreciate
- Java and Spring Boot in containerized environments
- Automated software building, testing, deployment and operations
- Working in cross functional teams with other engineering professions and business domain experts
- Solution-focused and capable of driving positive challenges, comfortable in rapid change or high-pressure environments
What we offer
You will have great impact in setting up the future IT-structure.
We offer a unique opportunity to be part of a fun, professional team with high ambitions. Together we want to create great environmental impact and we offer you to be part of a very rewarding, challenging, and exciting journey.
You will be given the freedom to shape your future career. You will be part of a company who values wellbeing and focuses on enabling talent growth.
We are looking forward to hear from you and to understand how you can contribute to our success.