Steel production accounts for 25% of Europe’s industrial CO2 emissions, which is more than the Nordics’ total CO2 emissions, or more than all flights departing from the EU. Decarbonisation is a must for the industry and disruptive technology will be a key enabler. H2 Green Steel is here to accelerate the greatest single technological shift that the global steel industry has ever seen. With the enabling from green hydrogen, and a transformation of the entire value chain, the industry now has a historic opportunity to enable the global climate transition.
H2 Green Steel is a fast-growing start-up with an exciting journey ahead. We employ talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, please, come join us in this exciting journey.
Category Manager Professional Services
We have a strong vision for how we want to interact with markets, partners, suppliers and society and we seek to build a best-in-class procurement capability. We are looking to strengthen our procurement team with a category manager that can take our procurement of professional services and contractors to the next level.
In the role as Category Manager Professional Services, you will develop and implement category strategies for the array of collaborative relationships needed to successfully delivery our projects together with the best design, engineering, construction and professional services providers in the market.
- Lead the development and management of service categories covering a wide range of services and global service providers
- Develop comprehensive market analytics to understand category constraints and opportunities
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to source and negotiate project specific scopes of work and secure strong alignment with selected suppliers to ensure service delivery performance
- Identify, specify, and procure relevant data from internal and external sources to support a transparent and comprehensive view of the category risks and opportunities from a value, risk and performance perspective
- Develop contracting strategies in collaboration with the construction, engineering and procurement teams for construction project delivery
- Develop and implement category resilience strategies and drive the sourcing of master services agreements for strategically important services to secure continuous availability of high-quality services at low risk, while leveraging our spend across projects to drive cost efficiency
- Establish strong supplier relationships and effectively manage category supply base
- Design negotiation strategies and cross-functionally lead tenders and negotiations of engineering, construction, and consultancy contracts, including EPCm and head contractor arrangements
- Work closely with the Technology, Commercial, Construction, Business Control, Supply Chain and Finance teams, in sharing insights and in setting priorities and routines
- A can-do attitude and curiosity for finding the best ways to combine our skills and competences with those in the services market
- A degree in Engineering, MSc or MBA/Relevant University Degree
- At least 10 years of relevant procurement experience, including a minimum of five years specifically of category development and leading procurement of professional services
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to influence others with significant contract negotiation experience
- Exemplary self-leadership, multitasking and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
We are more intrigued if you have…
- Experience from working with procurement in the construction industry or disciplines relevant to large construction projects
- Experience in working in manufacturing or steel industry or other industrial environments
- Experience in delivering large international CAPEX projects
- Solid digital experience for category development and relevant data collation and analytics
What we offer:
We offer a unique opportunity to be part of a fun, professional team with high ambitions. Together we want to create great environmental impact and we offer you to be part of a very rewarding, challenging, and exciting journey.
You will be a part of building a best-in-class procurement organization, helping to create strategies and setting up processes and systems from scratch with sustainability at their core. You will have a pivotal role in leading our substantial professional services category and strengthening our market interaction.
We are looking forward to hearing from you and to understand how you can contribute to our success.