Steel production accounts for 25% of Europe’s industrial CO2 emissions, which is more than the Nordics’ total CO2 emissions, or more than all flights departing from the EU. Decarbonisation is a must for the industry and disruptive technology will be a key enabler. H2 Green Steel is here to accelerate the greatest single technological shift that the global steel industry has ever seen. With the enabling from green hydrogen, and a transformation of the entire value chain, the industry now has a historic opportunity to enable the global climate transition.
H2 Green Steel is a fast-growing start-up with an exciting journey ahead. We employ talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, please, come join us in this exciting journey.
Category Manager Direct Materials
We have a strong vision for how we want to interact with markets, partners, suppliers and society and we seek to build a best-in-class procurement capability. We are looking to strengthen our procurement team with a category manager that can take strategic and tactical procurement for priority categories to the next level.
In the role as Category Manager Direct Materials, you will develop and implement category strategies for an array of relationships needed to successfully delivery our projects together with the best equipment, sub-system and materials suppliers in the market.
- Lead the development and management of equipment and materials procurement categories of importance to our construction projects
- Develop comprehensive market analytics to understand category constraints and opportunities
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to source and negotiate project specific scopes of work
- Identify, specify and procure relevant data from internal and external sources to support a transparent and comprehensive view of category risks and opportunities from a value, risk and performance perspective
- Develop strategies and solutions in collaboration with the construction, engineering and procurement teams for construction project delivery
- Develop and implement category resilience strategies and drive the sourcing of frame supply agreements for strategically important equipment and materials, to secure continuous availability of high-quality supply at low risk, while leveraging our spend across projects to drive cost efficiency
- Establish strong supplier relationships and effectively manage the category supplier base
- Design negotiation strategies and cross-functionally lead go-to-market projects and negotiations
- Govern and support outsourced EPCm procurement delivery under H2GS category strategies
- Work closely with the Technology, Commercial, Construction, Business Control, Supply Chain and Finance teams, both in sharing insights and in setting priorities and routines
- A can-do attitude and curiosity for finding the best solutions in complex markets
- A degree in Engineering, MSc or MBA/Relevant University Degree
- At least 10 years of relevant procurement experience, including a minimum of five years specifically of category development and leading procurement of industrial equipment or construction materials
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to influence others with significant contract negotiation experience
- Exemplary self-leadership, multitasking and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
We are more intrigued if you have…
- Experience from working with procurement in the construction industry or disciplines relevant to large construction projects
- Experience in working in manufacturing, the steel industry or other industrial environments
- Experience in delivering large international CAPEX projects
- Solid digital experience for category development and relevant data collation and analytics
What we offer:
We offer a unique opportunity to be part of a fun, professional team with high ambitions. Together we want to create great environmental impact and we offer you to be part of a very rewarding, challenging, and exciting journey.
You will be a part of building a best-in-class procurement organization, helping to create strategies and setting up processes and systems from scratch with sustainability at their core. You will have a pivotal role in leading our substantial direct materials category and strengthening our market interaction.
We are looking forward to hearing from you and to understand how you can contribute to our success.