Steel production accounts for 25% of Europe’s industrial CO2 emissions, which is more than the Nordics’ total CO2 emissions, or more than all flights departing from the EU. Decarbonisation is a must for the industry and disruptive technology will be a key enabler. H2 Green Steel is here to accelerate the greatest single technological shift that the global steel industry has ever seen. With the enabling from green hydrogen, and a transformation of the entire value chain, the industry now has a historic opportunity to enable the global climate transition.
H2 Green Steel is a fast-growing start-up with an exciting journey ahead. We employ talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, please, come join us in this exciting journey.
Supply Chain Resilience Manager
We have a strong vision for how we want to interact with markets, partners, suppliers and society and we seek to build a best-in-class procurement capability, with a very strong supply chain resilience.
In the role as Supplier Resilience Manager, you will develop and implement strategies, methodologies and tools that allow systematic transparency, management and improvement of our supplier network performance and supply risk exposure.
- Lead the design and implementation of a framework for supply chain resilience fundamentals and advanced methodologies for supply control
- Develop structures and methodologies for comprehensive supplier risk and performance analytics capabilities underpinned by our digital first strategy
- Drive the implementation of the resilience framework across current and future suppliers, supply chain scenarios and project contexts
- Identify, specify and procure relevant data from internal and external sources that support a transparent and comprehensive view of the supply ecosystem risks and opportunities from a resilience and performance perspective
- Support the design of suitable contracting strategies in collaboration with the construction, engineering and procurement teams for construction project delivery
- Develop and implement category resilience strategies and support the sourcing of category frame supply agreements for materials and services to secure low risk delivery while leveraging our spend across projects
- Create and maintain a pipeline of ideas supporting our ambitious objectives to improve supply chain performance, resilience and productivity
- Work closely with the Technology, Commercial, Construction, Business Control, Supply Chain and Finance teams, in sharing insights and setting priorities and routines
- A can-do attitude and curiosity for global supply chains and understanding risk in complex systems
- A degree in Engineering, MSc or MBA/Relevant University Degree
- 5-10 years of relevant supply chain and procurement experience, including a minimum of five years specifically developing and leading risk management and supply chain performance capabilities in an industrial, construction or mega-project environment
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to influence others
- Exemplary self-leadership, multitasking and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Track record of successful project achievements
We are more intrigued if you have…
- Experience from working with procurement and supplier risk in the construction industry or disciplines relevant to large construction projects
- Experience in working in the manufacturing industry
- Experience in delivering large international CAPEX projects
- Solid technical expertise and digital experience for risk management
- Documented knowledge and experience in operations analytics and system optimization methodology
What we can offer you
If you are passionate about making actual change and having a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will get the opportunity to shape your future career together with a company focusing on creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel a sense of belonging. In the end, we know that H2 Green Steel’s growth and success is dependent on our people and we can’t wait to shape the future of steelmaking and other industries together as a team.
Interested in joining H2 Green Steel, but find yourself not meeting every single requirement of this role?
Research shows that women and other under-represented groups within our industry hesitate to apply unless they tick most boxes of a role description. At H2 Green Steel, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core. We need a diverse, inclusive, and authentic team to rally behind our purpose of de-carbonizing hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
If you are equally passionate about our purpose, yet concerned that your experience does not align perfectly with the qualifications stated in the job advert, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate, either for this role – or for another upcoming role in our growing team.