About the us
Our mission is to accelerate de-carbonization of hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
To do this, we need to break new ground. By combining leading expertise and new technology with clean energy, we are on a path to take global leadership within green hydrogen, enabling us to transform steelmaking and other sectors. Changing an industry is not a small task, but we know it’s possible, and necessary, for our customers, society, and our planet.
Things are moving fast, and we are accelerating. At the beginning of 2020, we announced our plans to make the steel industry fossil-free, and in 2022 we will start construction of our first plant. We want to build diverse, dynamic and driven teams. We look for ambitious individuals from all disciplines, sharing our vision of cutting CO2 emissions down to zero. As a team, we innovate, collaborate, and enjoy the ride.
About the role
As Project Manager, you will join the Corporate PMO in H2 Green Steel, which is responsible to oversee and steer all existing capital projects, as well as create a platform for new projects globally. These projects will span from fully integrated projects, such as our Boden plant which includes Hydrogen production, DRI and steel plants as well as other type of large scale capital projects.
In your role as Project Manager, you will follow a project from initial concept (such as concept design, fundraising etc.) to operational project phase (i.e. construction, equipment installation, etc.) until hand-over to operations. Together with the various delivery functions of the company, you will support in prioritizing, setting targets and driving the project towards completion
The role is based in Stockholm, Sweden, with regular travel to various project site to be expected.
- Following projects throughout critical phases (e.g. concept phase, construction phase, commissioning and hand-over)
- Working across various teams in H2 Green Steel to ensure projects are resourced efficiently, clarifying roles & responsibilities as well as tracking committed deliverables
- Support project as necessary in key supplier and engineering partner steering groups
- Ensuring sufficient project control in terms of schedule, cost and safety
- Minimum 5 years industry experience, in demanding industrial environments or similar (e.g. Oil & gas, semiconductor, automotive, battery manufacturing)
- Engineering degree (B.Sc. / M.Sc. or similar) or similar is required
- Fluency in English
- Experience working in multi-cultural environment is a plus
- Track record as project manager driving complex projects, covering both planning/designing phase as well as execution phase
- Track record in problem solving, i.e. strong analytical skill required
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Commercial and contract skills
Personal success factors
- Highly execution-oriented
- Engineering curiosity
- Proactive and goes beyond expectations
- Has a "can-do' attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines, excellent time management skills
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently Strong coordination
What we offer:
We offer a unique opportunity to be part of a fun, professional team with high ambitions. Together we want to create great environmental impact and we offer you to be part of a very rewarding, challenging, and exciting journey.
You will be given the freedom to shape your future career. You will be part of a company who values wellbeing and focuses on enabling talent growth.
We look forward to hearing from you and to learn more about how you can contribute to our success.