Our mission is to accelerate de-carbonization of hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
To do this, we need to break new ground. By combining leading expertise and new technology with clean energy, we are on a path to take global leadership within green hydrogen, enabling us to transform steelmaking and other sectors. Changing an industry is not a small task, but we know it’s possible, and necessary, for our customers, society, and our planet.
Things are moving fast, and we are accelerating. At the beginning of 2020, we announced our plans to make the steel industry fossil-free, and in 2022 we will start construction of our first plant. We want to build diverse, dynamic and driven teams. We look for ambitious individuals from all disciplines, sharing our vision of cutting CO2 emissions down to zero. As a team, we innovate, collaborate, and enjoy the ride.
Vice President of Construction - Hydrogen Plant
The VP Construction reports to the Chief Projects and Capital Officer and is primarily responsible for ensuring that the H2GS Boden site Construction Hydrogen Plant activities are carried out in a timely manner, within budget, and with excellent quality. The VP Construction will develop and lead a team to coordinate with the engineering firms and manage construction firms assigned scope needed to construct the Boden project Hydrogen Plant, while also closely collaborating with the Process Equipment providers engineers and field technical teams. This role and associated team will work closely with the H2GS Contracting team to advise on drawing and specification packages for field work, then provide field management, coordination, and quality assurance relating to time, cost, and quality of the construction work.
The H2GS Project consists of:
- 760 MW H2 production facility consisting of several types of hydrogen production technologies
- 2.1MM MT DRI Production Facility
- 2.5MM MT Steelmaking and CSP Facility
- Various Cold Finishing Facilities
- Plant Power Distribution Grid
- Plant Infrastructure and Water Systems
- Build a strong team to advise on the engineering and manage field construction activities assigned to the group
- Provide leadership and guidance on developing the construction strategy and concepts for the field work.
- Manage field work quality to ensure compliance to codes, standards, regulations, equipment specifications, and process equipment operating targets.
- Advancing quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Managing the development and implementation of Field Technical Services team consisting of H2GS, Process Equipment Vendor, and 3rd party personnel.
- Manage ongoing field QA to ensure quality installation work.
- Develop or select field standards and procedures to ensure that quality requirements are met and consistent.
- Preparing and optimizing budgets.
- Deliver field work on time, on budget, and with excellent quality.
- Making a safe work environment a priority.
- Substantial previous working experience in major capital projects in the heavy industry sector, with an emphasis on hydrogen, oil&gas or energy facilities.
- Approx. 10 years of recent experience managing engineering and construction activities in hydrogen, oil&gas or energy facilities, preferably in the Scandinavian region.
- Experience in project planning, execution (including construction realities), management, and communication with all stakeholders in successful major industrial capital projects.
- Extensive experience in working with construction engineers and field contractors on large heavy industry projects.
- Must be knowledgeable about industry best practices and change management.
- Strong experience related to new industrial facility turnover activities such as inspection, testing, safety checks, and final operational verification.
- Experience with successfully managing construction and cross functional activities in a complex and fast-track major capital project.
- Ability to recruit and build a strong team.
- Strong management and interpersonal/communication skills.
- Very strong ability to cooperate, collaborate, and work effectively in a complex multi-team environment with sometimes competing views and overlapping responsibilities.
- Strong organizational leadership skills.
- Advanced ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with all internal and external entities.
What we can offer you
If you are looking to make actual change and have a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers you a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will have the chance to shape your future career with a company that focuses on enabling talent growth as it is clear it is tied to our own growth and success as a company.