Our mission is to accelerate de-carbonization of hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
To do this, we need to break new ground. By combining leading expertise and new technology with clean energy, we are on a path to take global leadership within green hydrogen, enabling us to transform steelmaking and other sectors. Changing an industry is not a small task, but we know it’s possible, and necessary, for our customers, society, and our planet.
Things are moving fast, and we are accelerating. At the beginning of 2020, we announced our plans to make the steel industry fossil-free, and in 2022 we will start construction of our first plant. We want to build diverse, dynamic and driven teams. We look for ambitious individuals from all disciplines, sharing our vision of cutting CO2 emissions down to zero. As a team, we innovate, collaborate, and enjoy the ride.
Construction Logistics Manager
The Construction Logistics Manager is reporting to the Chief Projects and Capital Officer and is primarily responsible for setting up the logistics fundamentals of the H2GS Boden Project. The Logistics Manager will be collaborating with many work streams to ensure full awareness of logistics activities.
In joining us you will play a key role from the very start, ensuring that the H2GS Boden Project is tooled out with machinery and equipment in alignment with construction, installation and later commissioning schedules. Given the enormous scale and complexity of the project and the massive volumes of equipment and materials, this role comes with a lot of exciting logistical challenges.
The H2GS Project consists of:
- 760 MW H2 production facility consisting of several types of hydrogen production technologies
- 2.1MM MT DRI Production Facility
- 2.5MM MT Steelmaking and CSP Facility
- Various Cold Finishing Facilities
- Plant Power Distribution Grid
- Plant Infrastructure and Water Systems
- Planning the set-up of the site, the internal and external logistics routes, and the key assets.
- Handling all aspects of the logistics supply chain, development and optimization of site logistics solutions to meet the needs of the project.
- Mapping out and delivering a sustainable model for logistics.
- Developing strategies to transport and store equipment and materials from the port, into its final position in the facility in northern Sweden.
- Identifying the characteristics of the site, understanding procurement procedures, and assisting in logistics evaluation.
- Choosing a delivery management system, providing logistics, and managing internal and external movements.
- Approx. 10 years of experience managing site logistical operations in a complex industrial project construction setting, preferably from the ground up.
- Experience of leading and problem-solving project logistics of very large out-of-gauge machinery and massive volumes of equipment in Sweden.
- Must be knowledgeable about industry best practices and change management.
- Flexible and creative problem solver, with a good understanding of the importance of structure and communication.
- Very strong ability to prioritize, reach common goals within time frames and work effectively in a complex multi-team environment.
- Advanced ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with all internal and external entities.
What we can offer you
If you are looking to make actual change and have a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers you a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will have the chance to shape your future career with a company that focuses on enabling talent growth as it is clear it is tied to our own growth and success as a company.