Our mission is to accelerate de-carbonization of hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
To do this, we need to break new ground. By combining leading expertise and new technology with clean energy, we are on a path to take global leadership within green hydrogen, enabling us to transform steelmaking and other sectors. Changing an industry is not a small task, but we know it’s possible, and necessary, for our customers, society, and our planet.
Things are moving fast, and we are accelerating. At the beginning of 2020, we announced our plans to make the steel industry fossil-free, and in 2022 we will start construction of our first plant. We want to build diverse, dynamic and driven teams. We look for ambitious individuals from all disciplines, sharing our vision of cutting CO2 emissions down to zero. As a team, we innovate, collaborate, and enjoy the ride.
Steel Engineering Lead
The Steel engineering lead is responsible for the facility engineering of the massive steel plant we are building in Boden. As engineering lead, you are responsible for managing our engineering partner to ensure progress and optimal outcome aligned with our ambitious targets on cost and timing. You will be responsible to ensure coordination of our engineering partner, construction activities on site, but also critical input from our main equipment vendors.
As steel engineering lead, you will report to the VP of Engineering but you will also participate in the cross-functional Steel plant delivery team.
- Own H2GS Steel plant engineering and design
- Provide leadership and guidance on developing the engineering and design strategy and concepts.
- Manage engineering work to ensure compliance to codes, standards, regulations, equipment specifications, and process equipment operating targets.
- Advancing quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Managing the development and implementation of Field Technical Services team consisting of H2GS, Process Equipment Vendor, and 3rd party personnel.
- Manage ongoing field QA to ensure quality installation work.
- Develop or select engineering and design standards and procedures to ensure that quality requirements are met and consistent.
- Preparing and optimizing budgets.
- Deliver engineering work on time, on budget, and with excellent quality.
- Making a safe work environment a priority.
- Substantial previous working experience in major capital projects in Steel
- Experience in project planning, execution (including construction realities), management, and communication with all stakeholders in large successful capital projects.
- Extensive experience in working with construction engineers and field contractors on large capital projects
- Must be knowledgeable about industry best practices and change management.
- Approx. 10 years of recent experience managing engineering and construction activities in large capital projects
- Experience from managing engineering partners
- Strong management and interpersonal/communication skills.
- Very strong ability to cooperate, collaborate, and work effectively in a complex multi-team environment with sometimes competing views and overlapping responsibilities.
- Strong organizational leadership skills.
- Advanced ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with all internal and external entities.
What we offer:
We offer a unique opportunity to be part of a fun, professional team with high ambitions. Together we want to create great environmental impact and we offer you to be part of a very rewarding, challenging, and exciting journey.
You will be given the freedom to shape your future career and be part of a company who values wellbeing and focuses on enabling talent growth.
We are looking forward to hear from you and to understand how you can contribute to our success.