H2 Green Steel is on a mission to disrupt the global steel industry by producing green steel, with the end goal of bringing down CO2 emissions to zero. By using green hydrogen and fossil-free electricity instead of coal; water and heat will be our primary emissions. By 2030, our ambition is to produce 5 million tonnes of green steel annually in our fully integrated, digitalized, and sustainable plant in Boden, located in northern Sweden - currently in construction phase. But this is just the beginning – our expertise in green hydrogen will enable us to decarbonize other industries in addition to steel, and we look forward to what’s next in store for us.
We are looking for talented, innovative, and purpose-driven people to join our rapidly growing and diverse team. Our employees get to learn everyday, implement the latest technology and test and put their ideas into practice. Together, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core – for our people, customers, investors, society, and planet.
We are looking for a qualified Process Engineer with previous hands-on experience working with hydrogen to develop, plan and maintain process design for our hydrogen plant and operations. You will be part of a team of experts taking on the challenge of scaling green hydrogen production to industrial levels that, in turn, can be used to limit the carbon footprint for other types of productions such as iron ore reduction or steel making.
- Design and maintain a well-balanced and efficient process design
- Review vendor and engineering firms' documents, drawings, datasheets, specifications and calculations
- Act as main contact internally on interfaces between different processes (i.e. clear demands on ASU, water treatment plan, etc.)
- Coordinate the work between the electrolyzer suppliers and engineering firms from a process perspective
- Ensure planned engineering (process) progress with respect to the engineering
- Process design & detail engineering including performing process design calculations, process optimization, sizing & selection of equipment, etc.
- Preparation of various engineering deliverables (Drawings & Documents) such as
Process Flow Diagrams, P & I Diagrams, Process Datasheets, Equipment Specifications, Cause & Effect Diagrams, control philosophies, shutdown philosophies, HAZOP Studies & reports, Operation & maintenance manuals etc. and providing necessary engineering input to other disciplines and departments
- Relevant Engineering Degree
- Minimum 5 years' work experience
- Proven experience as a process engineer ideally in hydrogen alternatively in oil & gas
- Ability to build and develop things from scratch where little is known or in place
- Skilled at working independently
What we can offer
If you are passionate about making actual change and having a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will get the opportunity to shape your future career together with a company focusing on creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel a sense of belonging. In the end, we know that H2 Green Steel’s growth and success is dependent on our people and we can’t wait to shape the future of steelmaking and other industries together as a team.
Interested in joining H2 Green Steel, but find yourself not meeting every single requirement of this role?
Research shows that women and other under-represented groups within our industry hesitate to apply unless they tick most boxes of a role description. At H2 Green Steel, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core. We need a diverse, inclusive, and authentic team to rally behind our purpose of de-carbonizing hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
If you are equally passionate about our purpose, yet concerned that your experience does not align perfectly with the qualifications stated in the job advert, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate, either for this role – or for another upcoming role in our growing team.