Do you want to contribute to create tremendous environmental impact on society? If so, you can be our next talented employee.
Steel production accounts for 25% of Europe’s industrial CO2 emissions, which is more than the Nordics’ total CO2 emissions, or more than all flights departing from the EU. Decarbonization is a must for the industry and disruptive technology will be a key enabler. H2 Green Steel is here to accelerate the greatest single technological shift that the global steel industry has ever seen. With the enabling from green hydrogen, and a transformation of the entire value chain, the industry now has a historic opportunity to enable the global climate transition.
H2 Green Steel is a fast-growing start-up with an exciting journey ahead. We employ talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, please, come join us in this exciting journey.
We have a strong vision for how we want to interact with markets, partners, suppliers and society and we seek to build a best-in-class procurement capability. We are strengthening our procurement team with a Contracts Manager who will manage and administer important contracts for the delivery of our project, as well as supporting contract negotiation.
In the role as Contracts Manager you will manage H2GS contracts across our multi-billion investment projects, as well as support in negotiation and closing of contracts. Contracts span a wide range, from pure professional services contracts, process equipment contracts to construction contracts in various contract templates.
You will build the strong relationships needed with stakeholders across the business, e.g. Project Delivery team, Project buyers and legal team, in addition to our contractual partners throughout the contract lifecycle.
Supports the Commercial, Procurement and Legal team with development and issuance of contracts and services agreements including but not limited to the following activities:
- Builds H2GS’ contracting capability
- Handling of tender processes from beginning to end
- Bid clarification and pre-award meetings
- Preparation of contract documents
- Provides sign-off on new contracts
- Maintaining, and implementation of Contract Management Procedures
- Manages the review of contract terms and conditions
- Monitor compliance with contract terms and conditions
- Identifies and resolves, and or oversees, the resolution of contract claims
- Handover and close-out of contracts
- Manages the control of status reporting documents
- Manages the preparation and maintenance of registers, presentations, and correspondence, e.g. supporting in claims and change order procedures
- Leads and performs contract close-out including
- Claims administration & disputes
- Verifying that the contract is complete and contract terms are correct
- Initiate final payments and/or collection of any overpayments made
- Experience as contract manager in large capex projects. It is preferred if you have held various roles in this environment, such as both on owner as well as contractor side
- Proficiency in all phases of the formation and administration of contracts and contract agreements, including types, terms and legal requirements
- Strong understanding of both Nordic contract templates (AB/ABT) as well as common international standards, e.g. FIDIC
- Legal related training is beneficial
- A can-do attitude and drive to help build up processes from scratch
- An ability to navigate the H2GS organization, exemplary self-leadership, multitasking and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
What we can offer you
We offer a unique opportunity to be part of a fun, professional team with high ambitions. Together we want to create great environmental impact and we offer you to be part of a very rewarding, challenging, and exciting journey.
You will be a part of building a best-in-class procurement organization, helping to create strategies and setting up processes and systems from scratch with sustainability at their core. You will have a pivotal role in leading our project procurement efforts and a key for us to reach project goals.
We are looking forward to hearing from you and to understand how you can contribute to our success.
Interested in joining H2 Green Steel, but find yourself not meeting every single requirement of this role?
Research shows that women and other under-represented groups within our industry hesitate to apply unless they tick most boxes of a role description. At H2 Green Steel, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core. We need a diverse, inclusive, and authentic team to rally behind our purpose of de-carbonizing hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
If you are equally passionate about our purpose, yet concerned that your experience does not align perfectly with the qualifications stated in the job advert, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate, either for this role – or for another upcoming role in our growing team.