H2 Green Steel is on a mission to disrupt the global steel industry by producing green steel, with the end goal of bringing down CO2 emissions to zero. By using green hydrogen and fossil-free electricity instead of coal; water and heat will be our primary emissions. By 2030, our ambition is to produce 5 million tonnes of green steel annually in our fully integrated, digitalized, and sustainable plant in Boden, located in northern Sweden - currently in construction phase. But this is just the beginning – our expertise in green hydrogen will enable us to decarbonize other industries in addition to steel, and we look forward to what’s next in store for us.
We are looking for talented, innovative, and purpose-driven people to join our rapidly growing and diverse team. Our employees get to learn everyday, implement the latest technology and test and put their ideas into practice. Together, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core – for our people, customers, investors, society, and planet.
Senior Manager, Project Planning and Development
H2 Green Steel is a growing at a fast pace and as the start-up we are, embarking on this industry shifting project, we need a multi-facetted Manager for Project Planning and Devleopment to be part of our PMO, responsible for establishing and implementing processes that will facilitate our growth and allow us to scale efficiently. In order to be successful in this role, we expect that you have the ability to align project goals with the overall strategy of H2 Green Steel. Most likely, you have a background from working very operationally in high CAPEX projects, preferably in large industrial corporations, where you have set up project and planning control systems and processes, workflows and created cash flow forecasts. The position can be based out of Stockholm or Boden.
- Support in developing a high-quality CAPEX estimate and follow up
- Support the completion of the FEL3 study
- Establishing processes and governance related to investment projects
- Establishing and managing regular reporting to financiers
- Support preparation of materials for closing the funding package
- Support business case development as needed, which includes financial and operational modelling and risk analysis
- Minimum M.Sc. in Finance or Business, alternatively in Engineering with controlling experience
- Minimum 7 years' relevant experience from:
- working in investment project planning and execution phases of large CAPEX projects in industrial settings
- business case building
- at least 2-3 years’ controlling experience
- Hard working, hands on, problem solver who enjoys working in a team environment
- Relevant experience in managing and coordinating complex projects in a fast-changing environment
What we can offer you
If you are passionate about making actual change and having a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will get the opportunity to shape your future career together with a company focusing on creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel a sense of belonging. In the end, we know that H2 Green Steel’s growth and success is dependent on our people and we can’t wait to shape the future of steelmaking and other industries together as a team.
Interested in joining H2 Green Steel, but find yourself not meeting every single requirement of this role?
Research shows that women and other under-represented groups within our industry hesitate to apply unless they tick most boxes of a role description. At H2 Green Steel, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core. We need a diverse, inclusive, and authentic team to rally behind our purpose of de-carbonizing hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
If you are equally passionate about our purpose, yet concerned that your experience does not align perfectly with the qualifications stated in the job advert, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate, either for this role – or for another upcoming role in our growing team.