H2 Green Steel is on a mission to disrupt the global steel industry by producing green steel, with the end goal of bringing down CO2 emissions to zero. By using green hydrogen and fossil-free electricity instead of coal; water and heat will be our primary emissions. By 2030, our ambition is to produce 5 million tonnes of green steel annually in our fully integrated, digitalized, and sustainable plant in Boden, located in northern Sweden - currently in construction phase. But this is just the beginning – our expertise in green hydrogen will enable us to decarbonize other industries in addition to steel, and we look forward to what’s next in store for us.
We are looking for talented, innovative, and purpose-driven people to join our rapidly growing and diverse team. Our employees get to learn everyday, implement the latest technology and test and put their ideas into practice. Together, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core – for our people, customers, investors, society, and planet.
As a Strategy Associate at H2GS you will report to the Head of Corporate Governance as part of the Strategy team. You will work very closely to the executive management team on leading the corporate governance processes, including the interface towards the company’s owners and the Board of Directors. You will be working with the design, development and improvement of the standard formats and reports used for Board communication as well as maintaining a close relationship to all key corporate functions to keep your “fingers on the pulse” of the company. The role requires a broad skillset and will put high demands on your ability to leverage your analytical-, presentation-, project management- and interpersonal skills. As the role is involved in a lot of the processes that make the corporate machinery tick, you will in this role get a unique insight in the underpinnings of the company’s progress and growth trajectory.
- Support the company’s corporate governance processes, for example through development and improvements of templates, reports and standards for Board communication
- Support the Head of Corporate Governance in preparing Board meeting materials
- Work closely to the Project Delivery team to develop joint standards for performance management and progress visualization
- Support in developing and implementing the business process framework
- Participate in business development projects or projects in the Strategy function
- Manage internal stakeholder relationships ranging from CEO to operations
- Support the Head of Strategy in the financial planning of the strategy function
- Participate in the Strategy Team’s weekly and monthly meetings
- Actively give and seek feedback
- Continuously improve the strategy function, your role and yourself
- M.Sc., MBA or equivalent degree with excellent academic track record
- 1-3 years of work experience from management consulting or positions within industry (engineering, sales or operations)
- A combination of technical skills, business acumen and result orientation
- Excellent analytical (incl Excel mastery) and communication skills (incl PowerPoint mastery) and a positive mindset and behaviour
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English
- Cultural fit with H2GS core values
- Experience from process industry (preferably Steel, Hydrogen)
- Experience from developing or implementing business processes or management systems
- Swedish language skills
What we can offer you:
If you are passionate about making actual change and having a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will get the opportunity to shape your future career together with a company focusing on creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel a sense of belonging. In the end, we know that H2 Green Steel’s growth and success is dependent on our people and we can’t wait to shape the future of steelmaking and other industries together as a team.
Interested in joining H2 Green Steel, but find yourself not meeting every single requirement of this role?
Research shows that women and other under-represented groups within our industry hesitate to apply unless they tick most boxes of a role description. At H2 Green Steel, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core. We need a diverse, inclusive, and authentic team to rally behind our purpose of de-carbonizing hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
If you are equally passionate about our purpose, yet concerned that your experience does not align perfectly with the qualifications stated in the job advert, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate, either for this role – or for another upcoming role in our growing team.