Our mission is to accelerate de-carbonization of hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
To do this, we need to break new ground. By combining leading expertise and new technology with clean energy, we are on a path to take global leadership within green hydrogen, enabling us to transform steelmaking and other sectors. Changing an industry is not a small task, but we know it’s possible, and necessary, for our customers, society, and our planet.
Things are moving fast, and we are accelerating. At the beginning of 2020, we announced our plans to make the steel industry fossil-free, and in 2022 we will start construction of our first plant. We want to build diverse, dynamic and driven teams. We look for ambitious individuals from all disciplines, sharing our vision of cutting CO2 emissions down to zero. As a team, we innovate, collaborate, and enjoy the ride.
Civil Construction Engineering Lead
The civil construction engineering lead is responsible for overseeing the design work for all civil construction engineering for project Boden. As engineering lead, you are responsible for managing our engineering partners. You will be responsible to ensure coordination of our engineering partners to reach cost and time efficient design solutions for all civil construction.
As civil construction engineering lead, you will report to the Head of Engineering but you will also participate in the cross-functional delivery teams.
- Own H2GS civil construction engineering and design
- Provide leadership and guidance on developing the engineering and design strategy and concepts.
- Manage engineering work to ensure compliance to codes, standards, regulations, equipment specifications, and process equipment operating targets.
- Advancing quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Manage the work of our EPCM engineering partners for civil construction engineering and design
- Develop or select engineering and design standards and procedures to ensure that quality requirements are met and consistent.
- Deliver engineering work on time, on budget, and with excellent quality.
- Making a safe work environment a priority.
- Substantial previous working experience in major industrial capital projects
- Highly developed knowledge of industrial scale steel and concrete structures
- Previous project experience within Scandinavian building codes and standards
- Experience in project planning, execution (including construction realities), management, and communication with all stakeholders in large successful capital projects.
- Extensive experience in working with EPCM civil construction engineers
- Must be knowledgeable about industry best practices and change management.
- Recent experience managing engineering and construction activities in large capital projects
- Experience managing engineering partners
- Excellent management and interpersonal/communication skills.
- Demonstrable ability to cooperate, collaborate, and work effectively in a complex multi-team environment with sometimes competing views and overlapping responsibilities.
- Well developed organizational leadership skills.
- Advanced ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with all internal and external entities.
What we can offer you
If you are passionate about making actual change and having a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will get the opportunity to shape your future career together with a company focusing on creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel a sense of belonging. In the end, we know that H2 Green Steel’s growth and success is dependent on our people and we can’t wait to shape the future of steelmaking and other industries together as a team.
rested in joining H2 Green Steel, but find yourself not meeting every single requirement of this role?
Research shows that women and other under-represented groups within our industry hesitate to apply unless they tick most boxes of a role description. At H2 Green Steel, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core. We need a diverse, inclusive, and authentic team to rally behind our purpose of de-carbonizing hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
If you are equally passionate about our purpose, yet concerned that your experience does not align perfectly with the qualifications stated in the job advert, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate, either for this role – or for another upcoming role in our growing team.