H2 Green Steel is on a mission to disrupt the global steel industry by producing green steel, with the end goal of bringing down CO2 emissions to zero. By using green hydrogen and fossil-free electricity instead of coal; water and heat will be our primary emissions. By 2030, our ambition is to produce 5 million tonnes of green steel annually in our fully integrated, digitalized, and sustainable plant in Boden, located in northern Sweden - currently in construction phase. But this is just the beginning – our expertise in green hydrogen will enable us to decarbonize other industries in addition to steel, and we look forward to what’s next in store for us.
We are looking for talented, innovative, and purpose-driven people to join our rapidly growing and diverse team. Our employees get to learn everyday, implement the latest technology and test and put their ideas into practice. Together, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core – for our people, customers, investors, society, and planet.
Construction Supervisor - Structural Engineering
The Construction Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the structural construction activities for a major area of the H2GS Boden project. As Construction Supervisor, you are responsible for managing our EPCMs and contractors. You will be responsible for ensuring coordination of our EPCMs and contractors to reach cost and time efficient design solutions for the structural construction.
As Construction Supervisor, you will report to the Construction Director for the allocated area.
The H2GS Project consists of:
- 760 MW H2 production facility consisting of several types of hydrogen production technologies
- 2.1MM MT DRI Production Facility
- 2.5MM MT Steelmaking and CSP Facility
- Various Cold Finishing Facilities
- Plant Power Distribution Grid
- Plant Infrastructure and Water Systems
- Making a safe work environment a priority
- Oversee and coordinate the structural construction activities for the allocated area of the project
- Manage structural construction work to ensure compliance to codes, standards, regulations, equipment specifications, and process equipment operating targets
- Manage the work of our EPCM partners for structural construction engineering and design
- Develop or select field standards and procedures to ensure that quality requirements are met and consistent.
- Deliver construction work on time, on budget and with excellent quality
- Excellent structural engineering knowledge, including strong knowledge on overhead cranes
- Extensive experience managing structural construction activities in large, industrial projects
- Previous experience from steel erection in northern Scandinavia, or in a region with similar weather conditions in winter
- Highly developed knowledge of industrial scale steel and concrete structures
- Experience in working with and managing EPCM construction engineers for the client
- Knowledgeable about industry best practices and change management
- Demonstrable ability to cooperate, collaborate, and work effectively in a complex multi-team environment with sometimes competing views and overlapping responsibilities.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with all colleagues, both inside and outside the project team.
What we can offer you
If you are passionate about making actual change and having a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will get the opportunity to shape your future career together with a company focusing on creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel a sense of belonging. In the end, we know that H2 Green Steel’s growth and success is dependent on our people and we can’t wait to shape the future of steelmaking and other industries together as a team.
Interested in joining H2 Green Steel, but find yourself not meeting every single requirement of this role?
Research shows that women and other under-represented groups within our industry hesitate to apply unless they tick most boxes of a role description. At H2 Green Steel, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core. We need a diverse, inclusive, and authentic team to rally behind our purpose of de-carbonizing hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
If you are equally passionate about our purpose, yet concerned that your experience does not align perfectly with the qualifications stated in the job advert, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate, either for this role – or for another upcoming role in our growing team.