H2 Green Steel is on a mission to disrupt the global steel industry by producing green steel, with the end goal of bringing down CO2 emissions to zero. By using green hydrogen and fossil-free electricity instead of coal; water and heat will be our primary emissions. By 2030, our ambition is to produce 5 million tonnes of green steel annually in our fully integrated, digitalized, and sustainable plant in Boden, located in northern Sweden - currently in construction phase. But this is just the beginning – our expertise in green hydrogen will enable us to decarbonize other industries in addition to steel, and we look forward to what’s next in store for us.
We are looking for talented, innovative, and purpose-driven people to join our rapidly growing and diverse team. Our employees get to learn everyday, implement the latest technology and test and put their ideas into practice. Together, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core – for our people, customers, investors, society, and planet.
Head of Project Quality
This role is key to delivering a successful project, and will interface and guide internal and external engineering, procurement and supplier, construction, and commissioning resources throughout all phases of the project. Ultimately this role will be responsible for ensuring quality standards are set and adhered to by all parties associated with the delivery of the project and have input into robust pre-commissioning and commissioning plans to ensure successful project handover to operations
- Develop quality standards and ensure implementation among suppliers, designers, and contractors
- Review and provide input to design for quality control
- Ensure suppliers, EPCMs, and contractors develop and implement robust quality assurance plans and reporting standards.
- Site visits to supplier factories, fabrication shops, and other offsite locations to ensure quality standards and to attend factory acceptance test.
- Provide input, guidance and participate in pre-commissioning and commissioning phases, ready for plant startup
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant engineering qualification
- A detailed understanding of relevant ISO standards
- Hold relevant quality, inspection, and NDT certifications
- Previous experience of plant start up and commissioning phases
- Previous experience of building high performing teams
- Experience of working within an EPC environment and leading third parties
What we can offer you
If you are passionate about making actual change and having a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will get the opportunity to shape your future career together with a company focusing on creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel a sense of belonging. In the end, we know that H2 Green Steel’s growth and success is dependent on our people and we can’t wait to shape the future of steelmaking and other industries together as a team.
Interested in joining H2 Green Steel, but find yourself not meeting every single requirement of this role?
Research shows that women and other under-represented groups within our industry hesitate to apply unless they tick most boxes of a role description. At H2 Green Steel, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core. We need a diverse, inclusive, and authentic team to rally behind our purpose of de-carbonizing hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
If you are equally passionate about our purpose, yet concerned that your experience does not align perfectly with the qualifications stated in the job advert, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate, either for this role – or for another upcoming role in our growing team.