H2 Green Steel is on a mission to disrupt the global steel industry by producing green steel, with the end goal of bringing down CO2 emissions to zero. By using green hydrogen and fossil-free electricity instead of coal; water and heat will be our primary emissions. By 2030, our ambition is to produce 5 million tonnes of green steel annually in our fully integrated, digitalized, and sustainable plant in Boden, located in northern Sweden - currently in construction phase. But this is just the beginning – our expertise in green hydrogen will enable us to decarbonize other industries in addition to steel, and we look forward to what’s next in store for us.
We are looking for talented, innovative, and purpose-driven people to join our rapidly growing and diverse team. Our employees get to learn everyday, implement the latest technology and test and put their ideas into practice. Together, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core – for our people, customers, investors, society, and planet.
Our Global Growth and Hydrogen Business Unit team is looking for a full-time Commercial Developer to support the build-up and maturing of a strong pipeline of emerging projects in line with our purpose to decarbonize hard-to-abate industries.
In this role, you will be instrumental in the process from analyzing the market to identifying the relevant customer base and support the acquisition of sales/ offtake volumes. The main growth will come from the steel industry, but other potential integrated offtakes from green hydrogen production will also be evaluated. You will work side-by-side with experienced colleagues, interact with internal and external stakeholders, all enabling H2 Green Steel’s mission to bring down CO2 emissions to zero.
- Perform market research/ analysis to assess and identify sales potential in targeted geographies to continue the development of the Global Growth and Business Unit Hydrogen Go-to-Market strategy.
- Execute the Go-to-Market strategy by supporting and selectively driving the sales process from initial contact to signed agreements.
- Support and drive the development of pricing/value models, sales tools, presentations, and system infrastructure to accelerate the commercial activities in acquiring offtake agreements.
- Passion, curiosity, and care for the invaluable customer.
- Relevant degree in engineering, economics, or business.
- Entry level/hands-on experience from working in sales/business development/strategy in industrial companies, management consulting, or similar.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills.
- Great presentation and communication skills.
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- Technical interest and knowledge.
- Experience from steel/ iron/ iron ore or hydrogen related offtake is highly meriting, but not required.
What we can offer you
If you are passionate about making actual change and having a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will get the opportunity to shape your future career together with a company focusing on creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel a sense of belonging. In the end, we know that H2 Green Steel’s growth and success is dependent on our people and we can’t wait to shape the future of steelmaking and other industries together as a team.
Interested in joining H2 Green Steel, but find yourself not meeting every single requirement of this role?
Research shows that women and other under-represented groups within our industry hesitate to apply unless they tick most boxes of a role description. At H2 Green Steel, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core. We need a diverse, inclusive, and authentic team to rally behind our purpose of de-carbonizing hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
If you are equally passionate about our purpose, yet concerned that your experience does not align perfectly with the qualifications stated in the job advert, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate, either for this role – or for another upcoming role in our growing team.