H2 Green Steel is on a mission to disrupt the global steel industry by producing green steel, with the end goal of bringing down CO2 emissions to zero. By using green hydrogen and fossil-free electricity instead of coal; water and heat will be our primary emissions. By 2030, our ambition is to produce 5 million tonnes of green steel annually in our fully integrated, digitalized, and sustainable plant in Boden, located in northern Sweden - currently in construction phase. But this is just the beginning – our expertise in green hydrogen will enable us to decarbonize other industries in addition to steel, and we look forward to what’s next in store for us.
We are looking for talented, innovative, and purpose-driven people to join our rapidly growing and diverse team. Our employees get to learn everyday, implement the latest technology and test and put their ideas into practice. Together, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core – for our people, customers, investors, society, and planet.
The electrical lead is responsible for overseeing the design work for electrical engineering for project Boden. As engineering lead, you are responsible for managing our engineering partners. You will be responsible to ensure coordination of our engineering partners to reach cost and time efficient design solutions for all civil construction.
As electrical engineering lead, you will report to the Head of Engineering but you will also participate in the cross-functional delivery teams.
- Own H2GS electrical engineering and design
- Provide leadership and guidance on developing the engineering and design strategy and concepts.
- Manage engineering work to ensure compliance to codes, standards, regulations, equipment specifications, and process equipment operating targets.
- Advancing quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Manage the work of our EPCM engineering partners for electrical engineering and design
- Develop or select engineering and design standards and procedures to ensure that quality requirements are met and consistent.
- Deliver engineering work on time, on budget, and with excellent quality.
- Making a safe work environment a priority.
- Substantial previous working experience in major industrial capital projects
- Highly developed knowledge of industrial electrical systems
- Experience in project planning, execution, management, and communication with all stakeholders in large successful capital projects.
- Extensive experience in working with EPCM electrical engineers
- Must be knowledgeable about industry best practices and change management.
- Recent experience managing electrical engineering activities in large capital projects
- Experience managing engineering partners
- Excellent management and interpersonal/communication skills.
- Demonstrable ability to cooperate, collaborate, and work effectively in a complex multi-team environment with sometimes competing views and overlapping responsibilities.
- Well developed organizational leadership skills.
- Advanced ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with all internal and external entities.
What we can offer you
If you are passionate about making actual change and having a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will get the opportunity to shape your future career together with a company focusing on creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel a sense of belonging. In the end, we know that H2 Green Steel’s growth and success is dependent on our people and we can’t wait to shape the future of steelmaking and other industries together as a team.
Interested in joining H2 Green Steel, but find yourself not meeting every single requirement of this role?
Research shows that women and other under-represented groups within our industry hesitate to apply unless they tick most boxes of a role description. At H2 Green Steel, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core. We need a diverse, inclusive, and authentic team to rally behind our purpose of de-carbonizing hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
If you are equally passionate about our purpose, yet concerned that your experience does not align perfectly with the qualifications stated in the job advert, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate, either for this role – or for another upcoming role in our growing team.