Research shows that women and other under-represented groups within our industry hesitate to apply unless they tick most boxes of a role description. At H2 Green Steel, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core. We need a diverse, inclusive, and authentic team to rally behind our purpose of de-carbonizing hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
So, if you are equally passionate about our purpose yet concerned that your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications stated in the job advert, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate, either for this role – or for another upcoming role in our rapidly growing business.
H2 Green Steel is on a mission to disrupt the global steel industry by producing green steel, with the end goal of bringing down CO2 emissions to zero. By using green hydrogen and fossil-free electricity instead of coal; water and heat will be our primary emissions. By 2030, our ambition is to produce 5 million tonnes of green steel annually in our fully integrated, digitalized, and sustainable plant in Boden, located in northern Sweden - currently in construction phase. But this is just the beginning – our expertise in green hydrogen will enable us to decarbonize other industries in addition to steel, and we look forward to what’s next in store for us.
We are looking for talented, innovative, and purpose-driven people to join our rapidly growing and diverse team. Our employees get to learn everyday, implement the latest technology and test and put their ideas into practice. Together, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core – for our people, customers, investors, society, and planet.
Steel Technology Lead – Pickling & Cold Rolling
The Steel Technology Engineering Lead is responsible for overseeing the engineering for pickling & cold rolling technology. As Technology Lead, you are responsible for managing our engineering and technology vendor partners (SMS). You will be responsible to ensure coordination of our partners to reach efficient design solutions.
This role will report to the Head of Steel Technology, and you will participate in the cross-functional delivery teams.
- Own H2GS engineering of pickling & cold rolling technology
- Provide leadership and guidance on developing the engineering and design strategy and concepts.
- Manage engineering work to ensure compliance to codes, standards, regulations, equipment specifications, and process equipment operating targets.
- Advancing quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Interface with our vendors, engineering partners, and construction execution team for steel making facilities
- Develop or select engineering and design standards and procedures to ensure that quality requirements are consistent and adhered to.
- Deliver engineering work on time, on budget, and with a focus on quality.
- Assist in building a team of technologist and engineers and establish a function within a growing organization.
- Setup a blueprint for rolling and casting technology for future plant builds
- Making a safe work environment a priority.
- Substantial previous working experience in building and commissioning of metal producing facilities
- Highly developed knowledge of steel industry in the field of pickling & cold rolling technology
- Previous project experience with production and maintenance is welcome
- Experience in project planning, execution, management, and communication with all stakeholders in large successful capital projects.
- Extensive experience in working with EPCM organisations
- Must be knowledgeable about industry best practices and change management.
- Experience managing engineering and vendor partners
- Excellent management and interpersonal/communication skills.
- Demonstrable ability to cooperate, collaborate, and work effectively in a complex multi-team environment with sometimes competing views and overlapping responsibilities.
- Well developed organizational leadership skills.
- Advanced ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with all internal and external entities.
What we can offer you
If you are passionate about making actual change and having a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will get the opportunity to shape your future career together with a company focusing on creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel a sense of belonging. In the end, we know that H2 Green Steel’s growth and success is dependent on our people and we can’t wait to shape the future of steelmaking and other industries together as a team.