Research shows that women and other under-represented groups within our industry hesitate to apply unless they tick most boxes of a role description. At H2 Green Steel, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core. We need a diverse, inclusive, and authentic team to rally behind our purpose of de-carbonizing hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
So, if you are equally passionate about our purpose yet concerned that your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications stated in the job advert, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate, either for this role – or for another upcoming role in our rapidly growing business.
Business Controller / Operations Controller
We are looking for a driven Business / Operations controller to be part of building the production controlling function and a sustainable and transparent operational control for the first large scale green steel manufacturing plant in the world and our 800 megawatt electrolyzer plant.
Some of your key duties include working with the operations team to establish the financials around cost of production and set the base for financial analyze of the production. Over time you will proceed with developing KPIs, inventory management and management reporting.
You will play an important role in building our way of driving performance and efficiency for our operations team and support the team with financial guidance and targets. In order for you to be successful you most likely have previous experience working with production controlling in manufacturing or from process industry and have a natural relationship with digital tools.
You will be part of the growing finance team based in Boden and you will report to Head of Accounting and Financial Control of H2GS Group, but will have a tight connection to Digital Factory team and the operational management team.
- You will work with costing of our products and the set-up of the ERP system and analyse and follow up on standard cost and variances.
- Support to the operations in forecasting and budgeting of production cost and inventory levels and other working capital.
- You will define ways to measure and report on the business key performance indicators.
- Once in production you will be responsible for the control and reporting of production costs and actively engage in cost saving opportunities and efficiency gains in the chain of production.
- You will monitor production cost in relation to production cycles.
- Contribute and be part of driving the development of our current and future business systems.
- As operational controller you will together with operations team plan and monitor work flow, as well as material movement in production cycles to ensure continuous operations.
- The person we are looking for is goal oriented, flexible, pro-active in its nature, future oriented and are innovative.
We believe that you have:
- Relevant degree in Finance, Economics, Business Studies
5-10+ years working experience preferably in manufacturing sector with previous proven experience in design and implement operational and financial KPI’s, working closely with the whole P&L.
- Excellent English written and oral skills
- Experience and interest in manufacturing industry
- Fluency in English. Swedish is a plus.
- Experience from a multi-cultural environment
H2 Green Steel is on a mission to disrupt the global steel industry by producing green steel, with the end goal of bringing down CO2 emissions to zero. By using green hydrogen and fossil-free electricity instead of coal; water and heat will be our primary emissions. By 2030, our ambition is to produce 5 million tonnes of green steel annually in our fully integrated, digitalized, and sustainable plant in Boden, located in northern Sweden - currently in construction phase. But this is just the beginning – our expertise in green hydrogen will enable us to decarbonize other industries in addition to steel, and we look forward to what’s next in store for us.
We are looking for talented, innovative, and purpose-driven people to join our rapidly growing and diverse team. Our employees get to learn everyday, implement the latest technology and test and put their ideas into practice. Together, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core – for our people, customers, investors, society, and planet.
What we can offer you:
If you are passionate about making actual change and having a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will get the opportunity to shape your future career together with a company focusing on creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel a sense of belonging. In the end, we know that H2 Green Steel’s growth and success is dependent on our people and we can’t wait to shape the future of steelmaking and other industries together as a team.