Research shows that women and other under-represented groups within our industry hesitate to apply unless they tick most boxes of a role description. At H2 Green Steel, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core. We need a diverse, inclusive, and authentic team to rally behind our purpose of de-carbonizing hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
So, if you are equally passionate about our purpose yet concerned that your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications stated in the job advert, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate, either for this role – or for another upcoming role in our rapidly growing business.
H2 Green Steel is on a mission to disrupt the global steel industry by producing green steel, with the end goal of bringing CO2 emissions to zero. By using green hydrogen and fossil-free electricity instead of coal; water and heat will be our primary emissions. By 2030, our ambition is to produce 5 million tonnes of green steel annually in our fully integrated, digitalized, and sustainable plant in Boden, located in northern Sweden - currently in the construction phase. But this is just the beginning – our expertise in green hydrogen will enable us to decarbonize other industries in addition to steel, and we look forward to what’s next in store for us.
We are looking for talented, innovative, and purpose-driven people to join our rapidly growing and diverse team. Our employees get to learn every day, implement the latest technology and test and put their ideas into practice. Together, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core – for our people, customers, investors, society, and the planet.
Category Manager - Raw Materials
We have a strong vision for how we want to interact with markets, partners, suppliers and society and we seek to build a best-in-class procurement capability. We are looking to strengthen our procurement team with a category manager that can take strategic and tactical procurement for priority categories to the next level.
In the role of Category Manager Raw Materials, you will develop and implement category strategies for an array of relationships needed, together with the best raw materials suppliers in the market.
- Collaborate with all required disciplines (tech, engineering, operations, logistics and finance) to provide the most favorable raw materials solutions, balancing price, quality, and sustainability to meet company goals and objectives
- Source and evaluate potential suppliers
- Develop strategies, source suppliers and lead cross-functional negotiations for raw materials, packaging, consumables, etc. including leading key vendor/supplier negotiations
- Manage supply base and supplier relationships
- Act as liaison between Operations and the supplier base
- Implement best-in-class processes and technology for strategic and day-to-day procurement work
- Assess business value, risk and performance with help of data-backed and insight-driven evaluations.
- Master's degree in Engineering, Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Procurement, or a related field
- 8+ years' work experience in international procurement within heavy industry within relevant raw material categories (e.g., steel, iron)
- Has managed complex, fragmented global categories I.e., Iron Ore or Scrap Metal
- Experience in negotiating contracts with different Incoterms including contracts with shipping
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills and familiarity with relevant markets
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thought leadership including strategy development and implementation
- Demonstrates superior interpersonal and communication skills at multiple levels of the organization
- Motivated, self-directed, and detail-oriented
- Flexible and adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent changes, delays and unexpected events.
- Effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously & develop priorities for self
- Fluent in English
What we can offer you
If you are passionate about making actual change and having a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will get the opportunity to shape your future career together with a company focusing on creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel a sense of belonging. In the end, we know that H2 Green Steel’s growth and success is dependent on our people and we can’t wait to shape the future of steelmaking and other industries together as a team.