Research shows that women and other under-represented groups within our industry hesitate to apply unless they tick most boxes of a role description. At H2 Green Steel, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core. We need a diverse, inclusive, and authentic team to rally behind our purpose of de-carbonizing hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
So, if you are equally passionate about our purpose yet concerned that your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications stated in the job advert, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate, either for this role – or for another upcoming role in our rapidly growing business.
H2 Green Steel is on a mission to disrupt the global steel industry by producing green steel, with the end goal of bringing down CO2 emissions to zero. By using green hydrogen and fossil-free electricity instead of coal; water and heat will be our primary emissions. By 2030, our ambition is to produce 5 million tonnes of green steel annually in our fully integrated, digitalized, and sustainable plant in Boden, located in northern Sweden - currently in construction phase. But this is just the beginning – our expertise in green hydrogen will enable us to decarbonize other industries in addition to steel, and we look forward to what’s next in store for us.
We are looking for talented, innovative, and purpose-driven people to join our rapidly growing and diverse team. Our employees get to learn everyday, implement the latest technology and test and put their ideas into practice. Together, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core – for our people, customers, investors, society, and planet.
Head of Hydrogen operations
We are currently seeking a Head of Hydrogen operations to join our team, you will be the first one in the Hydrogen operations team. In this role, you will be responsible for the hydrogen production plant at H2GS in Boden. Until start-up of the plant you will participate in setting the readiness and build our culture for operating the plant. This cover tasks as recruiting and training of our employees as well as ensuring that all necessary process and procedures are in pace, especially when it comes to safety. Ones in production your task is to ensure that we meet the highest standards of operational efficiency and quality.
You will work closely with our engineering and technology teams. Furthermore, you will ensure that learnings from existing electrolyzers will be used in our new projects.
- Implement and maintain a high HSE level in your area.
- Recruit, develop and build your team to operate and maintain the plant.
- Responsible for hydrogen production at our Boden plant, both process and manning.
- Participate in commissioning of the plant.
- Liaise with functional and operational leaders (for example in planning, logistics, maintenance, technology, quality) and together understand current and future needs and develop plans, cost estimates, and schedules for integrating these needs into existing manufacturing activities.
· Proven Leadership in industrial manufacturing organizations, preferably from hydrogen, oil&gas, chemical plants or equivalent.
· Curious, technically educated and with a strong business background.
· Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment.
· University degree in engineering degree or equivalent.
· Comissioning experience.
· Excellent English written and oral skills, Swedish is a plus.
· Ability to work in a high profile and often pressured international environment.
What we can offer you
If you are passionate about making actual change and having a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will get the opportunity to shape your future career together with a company focusing on creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel a sense of belonging. In the end, we know that H2 Green Steel’s growth and success is dependent on our people and we can’t wait to shape the future of steelmaking and other industries together as a team.