Research shows that women and other under-represented groups within our industry hesitate to apply unless they tick most boxes of a role description. At H2 Green Steel, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core. We need a diverse, inclusive, and authentic team to rally behind our purpose of de-carbonizing hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
So, if you are equally passionate about our purpose yet concerned that your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications stated in the job advert, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate, either for this role – or for another upcoming role in our rapidly growing business.
H2 Green Steel is on a mission to disrupt the global steel industry by producing green steel, with the end goal of bringing down CO2 emissions to zero. By using green hydrogen and fossil-free electricity instead of coal; water and heat will be our primary emissions. By 2030, our ambition is to produce 5 million tonnes of green steel annually in our fully integrated, digitalized, and sustainable plant in Boden, located in northern Sweden - currently in construction phase. But this is just the beginning – our expertise in green hydrogen will enable us to decarbonize other industries in addition to steel, and we look forward to what’s next in store for us.
We are looking for talented, innovative, and purpose-driven people to join our rapidly growing and diverse team. Our employees get to learn everyday, implement the latest technology and test and put their ideas into practice. Together, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core – for our people, customers, investors, society, and planet.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our dynamic procurement team. As a Purchaser, you will play a vital role in our operation by managing the procurement process and ensuring the availability of high-quality materials and services required for our production.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies to support operational goals and objectives.
- Deliver in line with the end-to-end purchasing process, including purchase requisitions, RFQs, purchase orders, and supplier performance evaluation.
- Monitor and forecast market trends, pricing, and availability of materials to make informed purchasing decisions.
- Collaborate with internal teams, such as production, logistics, and finance, to ensure seamless procurement and inventory management.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, ensuring compliance with quality standards, sustainability criteria, and contractual agreements.
- Stay updated on industry regulations and best practices related to procurement and supply chain management.
- Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
- Proven experience in procurement, preferably in a manufacturing, industrial or project setting.
- Solid understanding of procurement processes, including RFQs, negotiation, and contract management.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret market trends and make data-driven decisions.
- Knowledge of sustainability practices and experience in promoting environmentally friendly procurement is desirable.
- Proficiency in using procurement software and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Experience of Netsuite is a plus.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
What we can offer you
If you are passionate about making actual change and having a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will get the opportunity to shape your future career together with a company focusing on creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel a sense of belonging. In the end, we know that H2 Green Steel’s growth and success is dependent on our people and we can’t wait to shape the future of steelmaking and other industries together as a team.