Research shows that women and other under-represented groups within our industry hesitate to apply unless they tick most boxes of a role description. At H2 Green Steel, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core. We need a diverse, inclusive, and authentic team to rally behind our purpose of de-carbonizing hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
So, if you are equally passionate about our purpose yet concerned that your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications stated in the job advert, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate, either for this role – or for another upcoming role in our rapidly growing business.
H2 Green Steel is on a mission to disrupt the global steel industry by producing green steel, with the end goal of bringing down CO2 emissions to zero. By using green hydrogen and fossil-free electricity instead of coal; water and heat will be our primary emissions. By 2030, our ambition is to produce 5 million tonnes of green steel annually in our fully integrated, digitalized, and sustainable plant in Boden, located in northern Sweden - currently in construction phase. But this is just the beginning – our expertise in green hydrogen will enable us to decarbonize other industries in addition to steel, and we look forward to what’s next in store for us.
We are looking for talented, innovative, and purpose-driven people to join our rapidly growing and diverse team. Our employees get to learn everyday, implement the latest technology and test and put their ideas into practice. Together, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core – for our people, customers, investors, society, and planet.
As a Project Manager, you will be part of H2 Green Steels Project Delivery Team, responsible for Project Management, Engineering, Construction and Controls of the H2GS project portfolio. This position is a part of the Project Development & Sprints team and reports to the Head of Project Development & Sprints. The role is based in Stockholm.
In this role you will form a key part of the project management team in delivering fast-tracked projects. The strategic sprints run as 1-3 month cross-functional projects that solve high priority challenges in a fast pace. The sprints will for example consist of business case analysis for scope changes, value engineering, procurement, contracting and fast-track engineering.
You will lead and coordinate team members and interface with subject matter experts both within H2GS and at partner organizations. You will get a unique experience from all different disciplines of delivering large scale industrial projects as well as opportunity to interact with all levels the H2GS organization.
To fit the role, you can maintain a holistic perspective yet understand and challenge the technicalities. You move with ease between commercial and engineering disciplines. You will thrive in this role if you enjoy and have an interest in diving into cross-functional problem solving in different areas across the business.
Role and Responsibilities
- Identify, define and plan strategic sprints within project delivery.
- Identify, coordinate and lead resources needed to deliver the project
- Ensure that the sprints targets are achieved on time and with the right quality
- Report progress to steering committees
- Review and improve improve the sprint management process, including documenting learnings and develop recommendations for continuous improvement
Requirements and skills
- You are a problem solver, biased towards decision with strong communication skills and technical curiosity
- M.Sc. in engineering, e.g. industrial, civil, mechanical, chemical, electrical or physics
- Excellent communication skills in English as well as experience from working in multi-cultural environments
- 4-8 years of experience from industry (e.g. automotive, process technology, mining, metals and energy related industries) or consulting
- Project Management experience in fast-moving and demanding environments
- Comfortable navigating complex challenges and interacting with all disciplines
What we can offer you
If you are passionate about making actual change and having a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will get the opportunity to shape your future career together with a company focusing on creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel a sense of belonging. In the end, we know that H2 Green Steel’s growth and success is dependent on our people and we can’t wait to shape the future of steelmaking and other industries together as a team.