Research shows that women and other under-represented groups within our industry hesitate to apply unless they tick most boxes of a role description. At H2 Green Steel, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core. We need a diverse, inclusive, and authentic team to rally behind our purpose of de-carbonizing hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
So, if you are equally passionate about our purpose yet concerned that your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications stated in the job advert, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate, either for this role – or for another upcoming role in our rapidly growing business.
H2 Green Steel is on a mission to disrupt the global steel industry by producing green steel, with the end goal of bringing down CO2 emissions to zero. By using green hydrogen and fossil-free electricity instead of coal; water and heat will be our primary emissions. By 2030, our ambition is to produce 5 million tonnes of green steel annually in our fully integrated, digitalized, and sustainable plant in Boden, located in northern Sweden - currently in construction phase. But this is just the beginning – our expertise in green hydrogen will enable us to decarbonize other industries in addition to steel, and we look forward to what’s next in store for us.
We are looking for talented, innovative, and purpose-driven people to join our rapidly growing and diverse team. Our employees get to learn everyday, implement the latest technology and test and put their ideas into practice. Together, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core – for our people, customers, investors, society, and planet.
Project Development Manager
Project Development & Sprints is a function in the Project Delivery organization at H2GS. As a member of the team, you will form a key part in delivering fast-tracked projects by setting the projects up for success from the beginning and by helping out when projects face unforeseen or critical problems. The position Project Development Manager reports to the Head of Project Development & Sprints and is based in Stockholm.
As a Project Development Manager, you will take ownership of the process for transitioning project from concept and early feasibility study into full scale projects. From the Project Delivery Team you will be responsible for evaluating new projects and reporting on the project portfolio to the project delivery management team.
You will participate in pre-feasibility studies and assure that the correct engineering work is progressed at the right time, including e.g. layout, footprint, utility needs and dimensioning, mass and energy balance – all with the purpose of enabling fast-track project delivery. As well you will develop the contracting and delivery strategy and set the plan for ramping up the projects through feasibility and FEED studies.
In this role, you will interface with and gain a deep understanding of project finance, i.e. debt financing of large-scale projects.
In addition, you will support the team of technical project managers, who will run high-priority sprints for both new and existing projects.
To fit the role, you can maintain a holistic perspective yet understand and challenge the need for technical maturity. You move with ease between commercial and engineering disciplines. You will thrive in this role if you enjoy cross-functional collaboration.
- Define and continuously improve the process from concept development to project delivery for the H2GS project portfolio
- Set criteria for and assure adequate maturity of new projects before project ramp-up
- Participation in pre-feasibility studies, with focus on engineering deliverables and contracting strategy
- Participation in or management of feasibility studies, with focus on engineering deliverables and contracting strategy
- Track future project portfolio and report back to project delivery management
- Collaborate with and support the rest of the Project Development & Sprints team
- Interface with investors and lenders
- You are knowledgeable yet humble and have a strong drive for improvement
- Comfortable navigating complex challenges and interacting with all disciplines
- You have significant experience in large scale green-field projects, across all project phases
- You have experience from several disciplines, e.g. engineering, procurement, construction and project management. Engineering experience is meriting.
- You move effortlessly between a birds eye perspective and technical deep dives
- You are an excellent communicator
- You have a minimum of 10 years industry experience
What we can offer you
If you are passionate about making actual change and having a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will get the opportunity to shape your future career together with a company focusing on creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel a sense of belonging. In the end, we know that H2 Green Steel’s growth and success is dependent on our people and we can’t wait to shape the future of steelmaking and other industries together as a team.