Research shows that women and other under-represented groups within our industry hesitate to apply unless they tick most boxes of a role description. At H2 Green Steel, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core. We need a diverse, inclusive, and authentic team to rally behind our purpose of de-carbonizing hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
So, if you are equally passionate about our purpose yet concerned that your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications stated in the job advert, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate, either for this role – or for another upcoming role in our rapidly growing business.
H2 Green Steel is on a mission to disrupt the global steel industry by producing green steel, with the end goal of bringing down CO2 emissions to zero. By using green hydrogen and fossil-free electricity instead of coal; water and heat will be our primary emissions. By 2030, our ambition is to produce 5 million tonnes of green steel annually in our fully integrated, digitalized, and sustainable plant in Boden, located in northern Sweden - currently in construction phase. But this is just the beginning – our expertise in green hydrogen will enable us to decarbonize other industries in addition to steel, and we look forward to what’s next in store for us.
We are looking for talented, innovative, and purpose-driven people to join our rapidly growing and diverse team. Our employees get to learn everyday, implement the latest technology and test and put their ideas into practice. Together, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core – for our people, customers, investors, society, and planet.
Process Equipment Procurement Lead
We have a strong vision for how we want to interact with markets, partners, suppliers and society and we seek to build a best-in-class procurement capability. We are strengthening our procurement team with a Process Equipment Procurement Lead to help drive procurement delivery for our projects globally.
- Build a deep understanding of the process equipment markets and supplier landscape within H2GS’s strategic areas
- Work with key stakeholders to evaluate new technologies and OEMs, and develop appropriate procurement strategies
- Design, lead and deliver cross-functional capex procurement projects involving stakeholders from across the business including Technology, Operations, Project Delivery and Finance
- Develop Make/Buy/Outsource recommendations based on analysis of operational and financial implications
- Negotiate and implement comprehensive and effective OEM contracts meeting supply, operational and maintenance requirements
- Develop multi-level strategic relationships with key suppliers to drive continuous improvement and market development activities
- Secure capex estimates for new H2GS projects based on benchmarking and clean sheet analyses
- Experience of Capex or Plant and Machinery Projects in excess of €100 m
- Experience from a large international industrial company
- Great awareness of Procurement best practices
- Experience in complex contract negotiations and risk management
- Commercial and financial acumen
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills
- Financial and/or technical degree
What we can offer you
If you are passionate about making actual change and having a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will get the opportunity to shape your future career together with a company focusing on creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel a sense of belonging. In the end, we know that H2 Green Steel’s growth and success is dependent on our people and we can’t wait to shape the future of steelmaking and other industries together as a team.