Research shows that women and other under-represented groups within our industry hesitate to apply unless they tick most boxes of a role description. At H2 Green Steel, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core. We need a diverse, inclusive, and authentic team to rally behind our purpose of de-carbonizing hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
So, if you are equally passionate about our purpose yet concerned that your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications stated in the job advert, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate, either for this role – or for another upcoming role in our rapidly growing business.
H2 Green Steel is on a mission to disrupt the global steel industry by producing green steel, with the end goal of bringing down CO2 emissions to zero. By using green hydrogen and fossil-free electricity instead of coal; water and heat will be our primary emissions. By 2030, our ambition is to produce 5 million tonnes of green steel annually in our fully integrated, digitalized, and sustainable plant in Boden, located in northern Sweden - currently in construction phase. But this is just the beginning – our expertise in green hydrogen will enable us to decarbonize other industries in addition to steel, and we look forward to what’s next in store for us.
We are looking for talented, innovative, and purpose-driven people to join our rapidly growing and diverse team. Our employees get to learn everyday, implement the latest technology and test and put their ideas into practice. Together, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core – for our people, customers, investors, society, and planet.
Experienced Instrumentation & Automation Engineer
We are recruiting an Experienced Instrumentation & Automation Engineer for the
hydrogen plant with previous experience from working in the oil & gas, petrochemical, carbon capture or energy transition industries. You will be responsible for designing and maintaining a well-balanced and efficient instrumentation and control system, reviewing instrumentation design documents, datasheets, specifications, RFQ’s, drawings and calculations.
You will act as the main point of contact internally on interdisciplinary interfaces and ensuring planned engineering progress with respect to the engineering deliverables. To succeed in this role, we expect that you are well versed in working closely with external consultancies, vendors and suppliers and experienced in establishing solid intra and interdisciplinary relationships. We expect you are a hard worker, well organized, proactive, with a teamwork attitude, a flexible approach and have the ability to work under pressure.
Role & Responsibilities
- Preparation and review of instrumentation deliverables for Concept, FEED, Basic and Detailed Engineering Phase
- Preparation/review of Technical Specifications, Material Requisition & Purchase requisition, Technical Bid evaluations for Control Systems such as DCS, ESD, PLC, VMS and MMS systems. Review of Control system Architecture. Control Room Sizing, Panel engineering and MCT engineering for control room
- Preparation/review of datasheets, technical specifications, material requisition & purchase requisition, technical bid evaluations for various field instruments like electronic transmitters, level/flow/pressure/temperature instruments, skin temperature instruments, analysers, detectors, control valves, shutdown valves and safety valves, etc.
- Preparation/review of other engineering documents & drawings like Instrument Index, IO list, cable and junction box schedule, logic diagram, loop wiring drawings, level sketch, instrument hook-up drawing, pneumatic hook-up drawing, instruments installation drawings, cable tray routing, junction box location layout, instrument and air manifold layouts.
- Engineering of specialized packages used for green hydrogen plants like electrolysers, fuel cells etc. Familiar with different electrolyser types, instrumentation requirements for electrolysers, hydrogen standards and leak detection systems
- Technical specifications for bulk items like cable, cable tray, junction box, hook-ups, bulk MTO for instrumentation items
- Sizing of flow instruments, control valves, PSV using CONVAL software
- Good understanding of documents from other disciplines like;
- Process: PFD/P&ID’s, cause & effect, control narratives, shutdown philosophies.
- Safety: HAZOP/HAZID/SIL studies.
- Electrical: UPS & Non-UPS supply requirements, Motor interface, Single line diagrams.
- Piping: Piping material specification, Valve material specifications.
- 3D Model review using SP3D, PDS, PDMS, AVEVA software’s.
- Instrumentation engineering support for rotary & static packages like compressors, pumps, blowers etc.
- Evaluate multiple vendors offers, prepare technical bid analysis, review vendor drawings, data sheets, design calculations and rate the vendor on technical grounds.
- Co-ordination with site construction contractors and operations team to provide field engineering support during the construction and commissioning phase of the project.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering (Industrial Instrumentation, Process Automation, Electronic, Instrument/Control, etc.)
- Extensive hands-on experience in handling conceptual basic and detail engineering roles, preferably as a Working/Senior/Engineer in reputable engineering firms (having worked on assignments for green and brown field plants in chemical, petrochemical, refinery, power, oil & gas or similar) giving experience in equipment selections, specifications, requisitions, technical bids evaluation and supplier document reviews, etc.; alternatively having worked for equipment manufacturers process plant equipment.
- Extensive experience in the field of automation and instrumentation systems including in DCS & PLC control systems and field instrumentation and reviewing technical drawings, logic drawings, and instrumentation specifications. This requires a good understanding of automation systems including hardware (servers, controllers, historian, engineering, and operation stations), software configuration, and communications protocols (ethernet, Profibus, Modbus, etc.) required to connect to various equipment packages.
- Experience in all phases of projects up to completion & manpower supervision including considerable practical experience in design, testing, commissioning and troubleshooting of electrical and instrumentation systems.
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team for process plant projects and/or on-/offshore development projects
- Excellent English communication skills
What we can offer you
If you are passionate about making actual change and having a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will get the opportunity to shape your future career together with a company focusing on creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel a sense of belonging. In the end, we know that H2 Green Steel’s growth and success is dependent on our people and we can’t wait to shape the future of steelmaking and other industries together as a team.