Research shows that women and other under-represented groups within our industry hesitate to apply unless they tick most boxes of a role description. At H2 Green Steel, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core. We need a diverse, inclusive, and authentic team to rally behind our purpose of de-carbonizing hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
So, if you are equally passionate about our purpose yet concerned that your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications stated in the job advert, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate, either for this role – or for another upcoming role in our rapidly growing business.
H2 Green Steel is on a mission to disrupt the global steel industry by producing green steel, with the end goal of bringing down CO2 emissions to zero. By using green hydrogen and fossil-free electricity instead of coal; water and heat will be our primary emissions. By 2030, our ambition is to produce 5 million tonnes of green steel annually in our fully integrated, digitalized, and sustainable plant in Boden, located in northern Sweden - currently in construction phase. But this is just the beginning – our expertise in green hydrogen will enable us to decarbonize other industries in addition to steel, and we look forward to what’s next in store for us.
We are looking for talented, innovative, and purpose-driven people to join our rapidly growing and diverse team. Our employees get to learn everyday, implement the latest technology and test and put their ideas into practice. Together, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core – for our people, customers, investors, society, and planet.
Our Finance Team is looking for a Controller to add to its expanding team. As a Controller at H2 Green Steel, you will report to the Head of Business Control. This is a unique opportunity to join an organization without legacy systems and you will have significant influence over how we build our function and structure our processes and systems as the organization grows. We are a small team with little hierarchy, and you will need to be hands-on and prepared to tackle tasks well above and below your level of experience in the build-up of the Controlling function at one of the largest industrial projects in the history of Sweden.
- Lead external reporting related to the Boden project to Company stakeholders
- Be an integral part of the interface between the Boden Project and the corporate controlling function
- Develop analytical tools to produce reports and analysis
- Prepare various financial analysis and materials for the group management team and Board of Directors
Relevant skills and interpersonal skills
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, industrial economics, or other business-related fields
- Experience from financial / business control or big four accounting firm
- A relentless passion for financial performance management and a conviction of its impact on the business’ long- and short-term success
- Strong academic record combined with great numerical and analytical skills
- Positive mindset and an outgoing personality
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills; be comfortable interacting with executive-level management
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working independently, with a passion to learn and grow
- Experienced PowerPoint and Excel user, ideally with experience from Power BI
- A team player with energy and drive
What we can offer you
If you are passionate about making actual change and having a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will get the opportunity to shape your future career together with a company focusing on creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel a sense of belonging. In the end, we know that H2 Green Steel’s growth and success is dependent on our people and we can’t wait to shape the future of steelmaking and other industries together as a team.