Research shows that women and other under-represented groups within our industry hesitate to apply unless they tick most boxes of a role description. At H2 Green Steel, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core. We need a diverse, inclusive, and authentic team to rally behind our purpose of de-carbonizing hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
So, if you are equally passionate about our purpose yet concerned that your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications stated in the job advert, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate, either for this role – or for another upcoming role in our rapidly growing business.
H2 Green Steel is on a mission to disrupt the global steel industry by producing green steel, with the end goal of bringing down CO2 emissions to zero. By using green hydrogen and fossil-free electricity instead of coal; water and heat will be our primary emissions. By 2030, our ambition is to produce 5 million tonnes of green steel annually in our fully integrated, digitalized, and sustainable plant in Boden, located in northern Sweden - currently in construction phase. But this is just the beginning – our expertise in green hydrogen will enable us to decarbonize other industries in addition to steel, and we look forward to what’s next in store for us.
We are looking for talented, innovative, and purpose-driven people to join our rapidly growing and diverse team. Our employees get to learn everyday, implement the latest technology and test and put their ideas into practice. Together, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core – for our people, customers, investors, society, and planet.
Galvanizing Line Manager
As the Galvanizing line manager your primary role would involve overseeing and managing the operations of the galvanizing line. The galvanizing process involves coating steel or iron with a layer of zinc to enhance its corrosion resistance and durability.
Your responsibilities would include supervising a team of operators and technicians, ensuring that the galvanizing line operates efficiently and meets production targets. This involves coordinating the various stages of the galvanizing process, from surface preparation to the application of the zinc coating and subsequent quality control measures.
Quality assurance would be a key aspect of your role, as you would be responsible for implementing and maintaining strict quality standards throughout the galvanizing process. This includes monitoring the adherence to specifications, conducting inspections, and addressing any issues that may impact the quality of the final product.
- Build, establish and develop a robust safety culture across the organization. Take responsibility to contribute to a safe work environment actively participating in the development and upkeep of process control and safety practices.
- Overall operational responsibility for personnel, HSE, performance and budget within the production department.
- Lead the organization in achieving goals and objectives and monitor progress toward achieving them.
- Lead the team, providing mentorship and guidance to Production Supervisors
- Ensure the organization's compliance with all relevant industry regulations and standards.
- Lead the department`s development of working methods, investment plan and continuous improvements.
- Follow up operations to ensure efficient, safe and quality controlled processes.
- Foster an innovative and inclusive organizational culture with focus on continuous improvements and cross-functional collaboration.
- Relevant degree in engineering or relevant industry experience.
- Experience in process, production or maintenance. Demonstrated leadership experience in industrial manufacturing organizations.
- Preference given for experience in startups and galvanized, ZnMg, continious annealing.
- Strong understanding of mechanical, eletrical and automation mill systems.
- Proven track record of successfully leading cross-functional teams and projects.
- Experience in supporting of ISO 9001, 14001 & 45001 etc.
- Exceptional strategic thinking, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation and advancement
- Ability to work in a high profile and often pressured international environment.
- Excellent English written and oral skills, Swedish is a plus.
- Experience with managing budget, financial performance and forecasting.
- Experience working and purchasing services from vendors and contractors.
- Living in the Boden region or open to relocate here.
What we can offer you
If you are passionate about making actual change and having a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will get the opportunity to shape your future career together with a company focusing on creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel a sense of belonging. In the end, we know that H2 Green Steel’s growth and success is dependent on our people and we can’t wait to shape the future of steelmaking and other industries together as a team.