Research shows that women and other under-represented groups within our industry hesitate to apply unless they tick most boxes of a role description. At H2 Green Steel, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core. We need a diverse, inclusive, and authentic team to rally behind our purpose of de-carbonizing hard-to-abate industries, starting with steel.
So, if you are equally passionate about our purpose yet concerned that your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications stated in the job advert, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate, either for this role – or for another upcoming role in our rapidly growing business.
H2 Green Steel is on a mission to disrupt the global steel industry by producing green steel, with the end goal of bringing down CO2 emissions to zero. By using green hydrogen and fossil-free electricity instead of coal; water and heat will be our primary emissions. By 2030, our ambition is to produce 5 million tonnes of green steel annually in our fully integrated, digitalized, and sustainable plant in Boden, located in northern Sweden - currently in construction phase. But this is just the beginning – our expertise in green hydrogen will enable us to decarbonize other industries in addition to steel, and we look forward to what’s next in store for us.
We are looking for talented, innovative, and purpose-driven people to join our rapidly growing and diverse team. Our employees get to learn everyday, implement the latest technology and test and put their ideas into practice. Together, we are building an impact company with sustainability at its core – for our people, customers, investors, society, and planet.
H2 Green Steel offers an exciting opportunity for an Automation Engineer to be part of building Europe's first green steel mill, crucial to our mission to decarbonise hard-to-abate industries.
As a key member of our operations team in Boden, you will contribute to the design and engineering of automation systems for the plant. We are looking for a candidate with extensive experience in driving large, innovative, and challenging automation projects. Your proven track record should demonstrate the successful implementation of advanced automation systems in relevant industries.
We are looking for Automation engineers for the following areas: EAF, Hot Mill, Cold Mill & Galv line.
- Responsible for server computers, setup modeling and reference distribution system, data management systems, communication systems and other control equipment.
- Work directly with all maintenance and operations personnel in a fast-paced environment to help develop a safety focused and productive team.
- Educate others in the electrical department on the function and maintenance of the automation systems.
- Support plant operations and work with the quality/IT departments to help attain production goals.
- Support technicians in other areas to maintain a reliable automation system plant-wide.
- Manage the design, development, implementation, and procurement of hardware and/or software for automation improvement projects and provide support for other disciplines’ projects.
- Demonstrated safety focus and willingness to proactively apply it in a team environment
- Quality and detail oriented with superior problem solving and communication skills
- Highly motivated, self-directed, hands-on approach, and willing to put in extra hours or on-call support
- Significant automation experience in the metals industry
- Experience with server and network device configuration and maintenance
- Experience with PLC programing (Siemens preferred), data acquisition/analysis, and HMI programming
- High level programming with experience in C++, C#, Java, database administration, Visual Studio, MS Windows server/system administration, MS productivity tools, TCP/IP communications
- Familiarity with SMS equipment.
- Startup and/or greenfield experience.
What we can offer you
If you are passionate about making actual change and having a positive impact on society and our planet, H2 Green Steel offers a unique opportunity to be part of a fun and professional team with high ambitions.
You will get the opportunity to shape your future career together with a company focusing on creating a culture where everyone can thrive and feel a sense of belonging. In the end, we know that H2 Green Steel’s growth and success is dependent on our people and we can’t wait to shape the future of steelmaking and other industries together as a team.